1. Legal Information for Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Address for the Hotel: Inchydoney Island, Clonakilty, West Cork
Company Name: Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
VAT Number: 8284890U
Contact Phone No. / Email Address: 023 8833143 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection contact details: email@example.com
This privacy statement refers to our website and online reservations process and online voucher purchase. Any personal information which you provide to us will be treated with appropriate standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and associated national legislation.
On what legal basis do we collect and process information about you?
• If you are making an online reservation or an online voucher purchase, we collect and process information about you based on our contractual obligation to perform those processes.
• All other information that is not necessary for the performance of the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process shall be collected and or processed on the basis of consent i.e. your explicit consent will be requested and you have the right to either agree or disagree to provide us with that information. For example, we shall only place you on our mailing list if you subscribe to it.
Secure Online Reservations
• If you decide to make an online reservation on our website, you will be linked to a Booking Engine provided by our partner, Net Affinity. All information is sent securely and is protected against disclosure to third parties. Net Affinity is certified as compliant with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
Why do we collect information?
• Information is collected in order to facilitate the online reservation process, to facilitate the purchase of vouchers online, to offer additional services to you where you consent to such offers and/or to help us improve this process for your future use.
• Where you have subscribed to our mailing list, such information is collected in order to keep you informed on news and special offers.
What information do we collect about you?
• In order to carry out the online reservation process we require all the information marked with the asterisk including your name, address, phone number, email address and the credit card details that shall be used to pay for the accommodation. We will collect any other reservation data you may choose to provide, for example details of special requirements.
• During the online reservation process, we will ask for your consent to use your contact details for purposes other than in relation to your reservation, for example for special offers or other communications.
• Where you have subscribed to our mailing list, we collect your name and email address to keep you informed of special offers or other news.
• In order to carry out the online voucher purchase we require all the information marked with the asterisk including your name, address, phone number, email address, recipient name and the credit card details. We will collect any other data you may choose to provide, including address details and a message for the recipient.
• On the website and during the online reservation process and online voucher purchase, we may collect Cookies. Please see details of our Cookies Policy below.
What if you do not want to provide your personal data?
• If you do not wish to provide data that is required for the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process, as symbolised by the asterisk, then you will not be able to proceed with the respective process and we advise that you contact us directly.
• If you do not wish to provide data during the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process that is not required, i.e. that does not have an asterisk beside it, then you may choose to not provide such information and this shall not impact upon the process.
• If you do not wish to provide information that is requested for services other than for the reservation process, i.e. signing up for newsletters or special offers, then you will not be able to benefit from those services but it will in no way impact upon the reservation process. If you provide consent initially and no longer wish to receive those services, you may withdraw consent at any time by unsubscribing and or contacting our Data Protection Officer, see contact details above.
How do we use the information?
• To complete or support an activity, i.e. the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process.
• Where you have subscribed to our mailing list, or where you have consented during the online reservation process to be contacted in the future other than in direct connection with your reservation, we may send you news and details of special offers.
• For statistical usage in order to facilitate improvements.
• If further processing occurs your consent will be requested.
Who has access to some or all of the information we collect?
• Our online reservations partner, Net Affinity, its branches and its subsidiary companies. In1Solutions provider our Online Gift Voucher System.
• We use third parties to aid with our marketing activities, such as our mailing list.
• Legal authorities where obligated to do so.
Is your data secure?
• We have secure storage systems and processes in place.
What are your rights?
• You have the right to request access to all data we hold concerning you.
• You have the right to request rectification of any data we hold concerning you.
• You have the right to request the erasure of any data concerning you; please note that the erasure of certain data may impact on the provision of our services.
• You have the right to data portability; this means that you can request for your data to be provided in a suitable format.
• Where consent is obtained in order to collect and process certain aspects of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
How long will we keep your data for?
• We keep your personal information for so long as is necessary in light of the purpose for which it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. The criteria we use to determine the period of time for which your personal information may be kept include:
o the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
o the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us; and
o necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you requested.
• We may retain your information for a longer time period if we are required to do so by law.
What can you do if you have issues or want to exercise your rights?
• You may contact our Data Protection Officer, please see our contact details above.
• In particular, if you believe that our website or systems have collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Children's Privacy & Parental Consent
Links provided to other sites
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device by a web browser e.g. Google,
Firefox or Edge that holds information about your previous visits to our website. It enables our website to remember your actions and preferences e.g. login, language, font size and other display preferences over a period of time, to save you the time it takes to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. Therefore, on returning to our website this stored information is fed back to us allowing us to offer you a more personal and seamless browsing experience.
Further information on cookies can be found at:
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
By using our website and voluntarily providing any personal data to us through booking or browsing,
you confirm that you agree to and consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement on your behalf and on behalf of others you are representing including but not limited to organisations and whose
information you submit and including the collection and use of information, to the extent that your
consent is required by any applicable law. Continued access and use of the Site without acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Statement relieves us from responsibility to the user.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies
Sometimes referred to as “Session Cookies”.
These cookies are essential and enable you to navigate our site and gain full access to our
website features and secure areas. Without these cookies, essential services you have
requested for example e-shop and e-billing cannot be provided.
2. Functionality cookies
Sometimes referred to as “Permanent Cookies” or “Persistent Cookies”
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name,
language and/or the region in which you are located) and provide enhanced, more personal
features. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to the text
size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you are able to customise. The information
these cookies collect are anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other
websites. Functionality cookies can also be used to provide services you have previously
requested for example viewing videos or commenting on a blog. The information collected by
these cookies may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other sites.
3. Performance cookies
Sometimes referred to as “First-party Cookies”
These cookies collect information about how you use our website including but not limited to
which pages you go to most often, and if you receive error messages from specific web pages.
These cookies do not collect information that identifies you and all the information these
cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our
website works. Essentially performance cookies provide vital information and the role of these
cookies is to allow us to analyse and improve the performance of our website ensuring you
receive a consistent look, feel and experience.
4. Targeting/Advertising cookies
Sometimes referred to as “Third-party Cookies”
These cookies are used to deliver adverts and communications that are more relevant to you
and your interests and are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well
as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by
advertising networks only with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you
have visited a website and this information is shared with other third-party organisations such
as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality
provided by the other organisation. We would use these or advertising cookies to show you
advertisements on other websites that are related to our hotel and/or hotel group we belong to. This is called ‘retargeting’ and these cookies remember that you have visited our website
and the information is shared with other organisations such as third-party advertisers. Thirdparty
advertisers including Google, use first-party cookies (Google Analytics cookie) and thirdparty
cookies (DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve advertisements
based on someone’s past visits to our website. When one of these adverts is presented to you
on a site there will be a quick and easy way to click in and opt out of receiving further adverts.
Google Cookies are Third Party cookies controlled by Google, and can be accessed by Bookassist and the hotel. For information about Google cookies, see: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies
Google Analytics is a Third Party Performance cookie, it’s essential for the service, it’s used to collect information on how the website is used. See more information about Google Analytics here:https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en
Google Remarketing is a Third Party Advertising or Tailored Advertising cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it’s used to deliver advertising relevant to your interests.
Google Adwords is a Third Party Performance cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it’s used to collect statistical information about use and conversion.
Other Third Party Cookies:
Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are Third Party cookies used for Social Media sharing, not essential for the service. They are controlled by those third parties.
Vimeo and Youtube are Third Party cookies used to provide video, not essential for the service. They are controlled by those third parties.
In1Solutions are Third Party Cookies connected to our Online Voucher System. They are controlled by those third parties
Newsweaver are Third Party Cookies connected to our Ezine Database. They are controlled by those third parties.
5. Other cookies
These cookies are specialist in nature and are for designed and used for a very specific
within one of the categories above.
HOW TO DISABLE OUR COOKIES
Our website is designed to function optimally with cookies – as detailed above – enabled to provide a seamless, enhanced and more personal experience. However, should you wish to disable cookies on our website whilst browsing, this can be controlled through your browser settings and it is possible to stop your browser accepting cookies.
Important Note: If you do deactivate cookies on our website, it may result in some of the website
features become disabled and you may lose some functionality. This may have a detrimental impact on your browsing experience and mean that you may have limited access to personalised areas of the website. It is important to bear in mind that with cookies disabled, a very tiny amount of information will continue to be retrieved from your web browser.
Your right to privacy?
We respect your right to privacy. Any personal information which you provide on this website will be treated with the appropriate standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and associated national legislation.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time and to publish changes without specific notification to the users of the website.